Page 1 - Reviews - Wilderness Poets, Pure Vanilla Powder, Tahitian Ground Vanilla Beans, 1 oz (28 g) - iHerb
CZ
Posted on Mar 29, 2022

A little expensive? Yes. Worth every cent? Yes. This Pure Vanilla Powder is a tiny little jar of pure magic. The second you open the jar you are overwhelmed with the delicious scent of vanilla. The texture is soft, and a little clumpy. It's not a finely ground dry powder. I pre-mix the dry ingredients for WFPB Healthy Brekkie Cookies. We eat these quite often as a grab and go snack on our way out of the door. The original recipe calls for 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence and I substitute 1/2 teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Powder which I include in my pre-mixed dry ingredients. When I need to throw together a new batch of cookies there is just a few ingredients and they come together in no time.

Posted on Mar 3, 2022

Wow - so easy and versatile - without any mess whatsoever. And having proper vanilla makes ALL the difference. Quite pricey but well worth it when compared to buying the pods individually [plus you have the prep and mess] Really recommend you snap this up during a flash-sale as well - then its a great deal!

Posted on Feb 13, 2022

I love that it’s just dried and powdered vanilla, nothing else. Smells amazing, no whiff of alcohol. So if you care about your ingredients, this is one the few options that’s plain. Haven’t tested it side by side with the alcohol stuff so I’m not sure if the difference would be noticeable for the non-discerning baker. My only qualm is the price for such a small bottle.

Posted on Oct 10, 2021

Very good smell and looks like freshly peel vanilla bean. I used it to put in my coffee and baking. Also put in vodka to make my own vanilla extract. It is a bit pricey but is good alternative where fresh vanilla pod is also expensive in where i am located

Posted on Apr 10, 2022

I hesitated before buying this vanilla powder for the first time because of its cost. I was used to making my own vanilla extract using vodka and vanilla beans. I still use vanilla extract for drinks, such as hot chocolate, but now that I've witness the amazing power of the Wilderness Poets vanilla powder, I have to use it when I bake goodies or I simply add a little bit to my whipped cream. The effect is hard to describe, but it is definitely worth every penny. Nothing compared to regular vanilla extract. The flavor is simply amazing!!!!

Posted on Jul 31, 2021

It is getting harder and harder to find good vanilla extract, so I decided to get this instead. I've been putting it into my cakes and ice creams and the vanilla flavor is very intense, so I don't need to use a lot to get the flavor I want!

Posted on Apr 10, 2022

Vanilla powder has an earthy smell, which I didn't expect. It's good quality, and it's ground into small pieces. Although expensive, it seemed to be priced appropriately for what it is. I plan to use it in a smoothie (recipe by Fuhrman) and see how it is when mixed. It's gritty, but would work well in a recipe calling for it.

Posted on Dec 20, 2021

It's expensive but the quality is excellent! I always wait till I get a discount with iherb and then buy it :-) it's perfect for our porridge in the morning and it holds us for several months.

Posted on Dec 6, 2021

This is so good, strong, clean vanilla flavor. It is crazy expensive, but you don't need much. I waited and bought it on sale which helped.

Posted on Nov 19, 2021

While this is pricey, which is to be expected for vanilla, it does go a long way and has a very good taste to it. I've added it in the past to pancakes I've made. Would order again. Lasted me a while.