Page 1 - Reviews - Foods Alive, Superfoods, Organic Hulled Hemp Seeds, 8 oz (227 g) - iHerb
CZ

Posted on Apr 16, 2022

This product is good overall: plain organic hemp seed, certified kosher, grown in the US or Canada, with no additives. Initially I took off one star because I found the seeds a little bitter in the first package or two (an issue that I have not encountered with other brands of organic hemp seed); but since then the seeds have tasted fine (they are from other batches, I believe), so I raised the rating to five stars. I would still prefer a larger-size package to economize on price and packaging. (The 8-oz. package is the largest size available in this brand on iHerb.) My first choice in organic hemp seed is the 19-oz. size from Nutiva because it is tasty, grown in Canada, and certified kosher and because it is usually the most economical option and, by virtue of its size, saves packaging (while still being small enough for me to finish within a few weeks so that the seeds don't oxidize much*). However, iHerb's free international shipping to my destination now excludes most nuts and seeds, including Nutiva and Manitoba Harvest hemp seed, and the shipping charges are prohibitive, so I have experimented with brands of organic hemp seed that *are* eligible for the free international shipping: Sunfood and Foods Alive. I found Sunfood hemp seed tasty, but it is grown in China, so I didn't reorder it. Foods Alive has been fine except for the first package or two. As for the size of the seeds themselves: the Foods Alive hemp seeds are small (smaller than Nutiva's, I think). The Sunfood hemp seeds were enormous. *Hemp seed oxidizes quickly because of its high omega-3 content, so I don't want to buy a bulk 3-lb. or 5-lb. package that will take me months to consume. Nutiva packages its hemp seed in nitrogen, and other companies may do so as well, but that helps delay oxidation only until you open the package.

Posted on Nov 4, 2021

I add these to salads, smoothies, whenever I remember. They’re a great way to get protein into my almost vegetarian toddler- always add a bit to his smoothies!

Posted on Jun 4, 2022

put it daily in my green shake. feel that i am eating a healthy grain. i love it

Posted on May 18, 2022

I use it in my salad or in my oatmeal. I love it

Posted on Apr 16, 2022

This is an amazing product, i add thisvto my salads and almist to everything . Very satisfied andcwill definitely buy again. Great quality!

Posted on Mar 31, 2022

Love to add it to my homemade granola or shakes. Gentle and tasty. Dont forget to put in the fridge after opening

Posted on Mar 27, 2022

very tasty i enjoyed it. can be sprinkled on everything.

Posted on Jan 24, 2022

I really appreciate this hemp they come shelled , fresh and taste good I strongly recommend

Posted on Dec 8, 2021

nice quality. I use it all the time over salads and adding to baking goods. great source for fiber and protein.

Posted on Nov 24, 2021

we sprinkle these on everything for an added nutrient boots, subtle flavor